Saturday 21 April 2007

Food...

Physalis. Thats was the name of a pack of fruits for sale in our local Tesco that caught my eyes. A small but sweet and tasty fruit that, a long time ago, my playmates and I would find in abundance in the the perimeter of local um, pigpens. A fruit that I have not seen eversince I moved to Manila for school and work. And now, thousands of miles from home, I am holding a bunch of them "glossy, sweet and spicy berries. try dipping in chocolate for a touch of decadence". Hmmm. Buying them for a few pence was very cheap for the memories. Albiet, the pigpen was not exactly the "chocoloate for a touch of decadence" that I remembered.

...

Last weekend, freefall and I went to London for some Filipino food auction that aims to raise scholarship funds. An interesting twist is that there was an adobo cooking competition and I was one of three judges. One entry tried to be posh by incorporating white wine in their adobo. But of course, the traditional entry with simple toyo-suka-paminta carried the day.

After the foodfest, some of us decided to have a walk in the park and ended up in a dessert place that offered very good cheesecakes and tiramisus. £1.50 each. Good conversation with new found friends. It was wonderful.

Ahh, the simple pleasures...

No comments: